Legal Counseling Center for Foreigners
Shinjuku Legal Counseling Center (Day) & Kamata Legal Counseling Center (Night) provide legal counseling on issues related to foreign residents and other international matters. If you are not confident about your Japanese, we can arrange an interpreter at no cost.
This center is operated by three bar associations (Tokyo Bar Association, Daiichi Tokyo Bar Association, Daini Tokyo Bar Association.).
- Counseling on
- Visa status, recognition of refugee status, naturalization, nationality and international family matters such as marriage, divorce, inheritance.
Civil, commercial, labor, and criminal matters involving foreigners under Japanese Law
- Counseling days and hours
- Shinjuku Legal Counseling Center
Mondays,Tuesdays and Fridays from 1:00pm to 4:00pm (except on national holidays)
Wednesdays from 10:00am to 12:00 (except on national holidays)
Kamata Legal Counseling Center
Wednesdays and Fridays from 5pm to 8pm (except on national holidays)
- Appointment in advance
- Please make an appointment in advance.
Please call 0570-055-289 to make an appointment from 1:30pm to 4:30pm Mondays to Fridays (except on national holidays).
Reservations can be made in English, Mandarin, Vietnamese, and Spanish .
- For non Japanese speakers, we can arrange to have interpreters at no cost.